The Golden Visa Explained
Have you ever heard of the Golden Visa?
In some instances, you and your family (as non-EU residents) are eligible for a free visa. Every non-EU resident who fits the criteria and invests at least 500.000€ in real estate will be granted a residency permit.
How can I obtain a Golden Visa?
To be eligible for a Golden Visa, you must make one of the following investments:
- Purchase at least €500,000 worth of real estate in Spain. The real estate can be a single unit or a group of units with a total value of at least €500,000
- Make a €2,000,000.00 investment in the Spanish state debt.
- Purchase shares in a company or deposit at least €1,000,000 in a Spanish bank
- Invest in a new enterprise that will create jobs, contribute to scientific and/or technological innovation, and have a significant socioeconomic impact in the area where it will operate
To put it differently, you will be rewarded with a Golden Visa if you make an investment in the Spanish economy.
Besides, you must also meet the following criteria:
- You must be of legal age (18+)
- You must not have any criminal records.
- You must not have previously been denied a Schengen Visa.
- You must have health insurance in Spain.
Can I take my family with me to Spain?
Yes, but keep in mind that your family members must apply for a residence permit in Spain as dependents. They will need to show proof of familial ties, such as birth and marriage documents, to do so (this applies to spouses, children under the age of 18 and dependent parents)
The advantages of having a Spanish residency permit
- You can travel to all Schengen Zone countries for up to three months during six months if you apply for a Spain Golden Visa.
- It is not necessary to reside in Spain to renew your residence permit.
- You have the legal right to work and live in Spain.
- You and your family will access various services, including schooling and public health care.
How can Urbane help me with acquiring a Golden Visa?
We will help you on the purchase side and recommend a law firm that has already helped many of Urbane’s clients obtain a Golden Visa. Bear in mind that it takes a minimum of 3-6 months nowadays to get the residence permits.
We truly hoped this post was useful, please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any questions!
The information in this post is retrieved from: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/eu-golden-visas/spain-golden-visa/